Wednesday 30 May 2012

Glamour - creating the look

Creating a glamorous home is really quite easy.  Think of a fabulous vintage couture dress and take it from there; sumptuous fabrics, velvet, silk, brocade, sequins, mirrored beads.  You get the feel?  Think old school Hollywood glamour.  Lights dimmed down, plump cushions trimmed with Marabou feathers.  Not for the fainthearted or for every room in the home but perhaps a bathroom, dressing room, or if your partner didn't object, your bedroom.  Tented ceilings and mirrored finishes all add to the look.  I love a tented ceiling and I've had quite a few in my time!  The first one I did was a very small dining room I had in 1980!!  I've chosen some images here of a pared down look of what I'm talking about this week.  See what you think.  I particularly love the up-stand of the stairs being mirrored - great trick to liven up a staircase.















No comments:

Post a Comment