Thursday 10 May 2012

Black kitchens

There is nothing more utterly glamorous than a black kitchen.  You probably think you need to be very brave to do this, maybe you do, but it looks totally amazing.  In the 80's I had a black kitchen with marble floors and white tile work tops with red grout (well it was the 80's!!).  I so loved that kitchen and it was really small but looked great.  Contrary to popular belief, black doesn't make a room seem small, it actually enlarges a room because you can't see where walls end and they seem to go for infinity.  If I was having a black kitchen again I would have antique mirrored splash backs and vintage chandeliers!  My favourite image here is Kelly Wearstler's actual kitchen.  Kelly is a very famous American Interior Designer, and one which I greatly admire.





The kitchen below is Kelly's kitchen - this is my favourite!





No comments:

Post a Comment