Wednesday 16 May 2012

Gothic influences

This week I've been looking at Gothic influences used in interior decoration; namely skulls.  They are so popular at the moment and not in a 'Halloween' way, super trendy and actually very glamorous.  Everyone is using them in their designs; from Jan Constantine, with her embroidered skull cushions, to Barbara Hulanicki and Meg Matthews with their new wallpaper ranges.  I've found some great uses of skulls in product design - cross head taps using skulls, skull egg cups and some fab skull printed fabrics used on chairs. in our shop (ANGEL & BB) we have some amazing skull prints done on hand blocked wallpaper and then embellished with crystals and gem stones.  They are selling really fast, but I've managed to snaffle 3 for my bathroom and they look great.  I've also ordered skull candles, which will be coming in to the store in a month or so (see second image down).












No comments:

Post a Comment