Friday 31 August 2012

Passementerie (trimmings to you and me!)

I absolutely adore trimmings, when I worked for Laura Ashley's design service every client I had I designed their soft furnishings to include trimmings.  At the time we used a company called British Trimmings for all out tassels, fringe, braids etc.  I then came across Wendy Cushing in Chelsea Harbour and thought her stuff was wonderful.  Unfortunately her showroom is no longer there, she is on line but her range is nowhere near what it used to be.  But what still remains in Chelsea Harbour is Wemyss Houles and their ranges are absolutely to die for.  I love going to their showroom and looking at their samples and through their trimmings books.  Trimmings just add that finishing touch, something simple with a fabulous detail works so well.  These photographs are taken from the Houles website, see if they inspire you!
















No comments:

Post a Comment