Wednesday 26 September 2012

Decorating with plates

What a great way to brighten up a wall, and can be cost effective too.  Unless, of course, you are using the Fornasetti plates which retail for around £1,500 for 6!  I must admit I do like them, but I especially like the vases, ceramic jars and candles from this range.  Candles come in around £100, slightly more affordable but I must admit I would be scared to burn it!

I digress, the white plates could be picked up cheaply, even from Ikea?  I especially love the white plates against the dark grey wall.  Grouped together like this they look great.  You could also choose a colour theme, like the image with the blue plates, which looks extremely artistic due to the way the plates have been hung to overlap.  Hanging plates used to be considered a bit 'twee' or old fashioned but seeing these images I don't think so.  It's a great way to display china which may otherwise be relegated to the back of a cupboard!













No comments:

Post a Comment