Tuesday 3 May 2011

Mellow Yellow

The unseasonably good weather in Scotland has inspired me to write today's post.  Yellow is the colour of sunshine, flowers, lemons, all lovely, summery, feel good things.  It's a colour I've not used in decorating, either myself or in client's projects, for many years.  There is a definite resurgence to yellow, so much so, that I'm inspired to use it with some beautiful Ralph Lauren Emperor Blue fabric I picked up recently.  I would only use it in small amounts; accents and accessories. As you can see in the images below, yellow is amazing with monochromatic tones.  It's very much an in vogue fashion colour at the moment, even Chanel has two nail polishes in yellow - Mimosa and La Sunrise, unsure if I would wear it though!















No comments:

Post a Comment