Thursday 12 April 2012

It's all about Armoires

Armoires are not only beautiful to look at, they can house an amazing amount of stuff; brilliant storage.  You can buy new Armoires or an old piece and have the fun of 'doing it up' yourself.  Many years ago I opted for the buy the new one option and purchased one from Laura Ashley.  It's had many uses; starting off as my daughters wardrobe, housing bedlinen, moving to London and being kept in the entrance hall as it was too big to get it upstairs of our town house, to finally being back in Scotland and used to now house china in the dining room.  I would imagine I will have it forever.  You can really put them anywhere you can find a space for them.  I stayed in a hotel just outside Leeds once and they had a fab one in the bathroom.  They are such versatile pieces of furniture and can be adapted to suit your storage needs.  I really love the one which houses a 'bar'.  Hmmm I wonder if I could fit mine in the living room and turn it into a bar!!











2 comments:

  1. You had me at Armoire. I have so many of them last count Five. How can I give them up. Sandy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Sandy. I love your furniture and your blog. I would love sell hand painted vintage vintage furniture. I have a Home & Gift shop, you can check it out on Facebook - ANGEL & BB. let me know what you think. B x

      Delete