Saturday 9 April 2011

Bejeweled

I have such a passion and fascination for jewellery and this week decided to take this passion a step further.  I have just spent the week learning Silver-smithing at Lancaster Jewellery school, where Delia and Janet taught myself and two other pupils the basics of silver jewellery making. I had never done anything like this before and was scared stiff on Monday morning.  By Friday afternoon I was going home armed with everything I had made; 2 pendants, 2 pairs of earrings, a bangle, a beaded charm bracelet and a new found confidence in the art of making my own jewellery.  I hope you are inspired by some of my favourite images, a few from Uno de Cincuenta, a Spanish company who make only fifty of each item (hence the name one of fifty).
















This is what I've made



No comments:

Post a Comment